Anyone here ever have this happen to their tap water?
So, my tap water seems to have gotten a lot more chlorine-y lately. I’ve got a Brita pitcher with a filter in it. At first, I thought I had gotten a defective filter, because it started shortly after the last time I replaced the filter. Then I took a bath instead of a shower one day and… it smelled like a swimming pool.
But it’s not consistent. Sometimes, the water is fine. It’s getting so that I sniff the water before I put it through the filter. Seems to have ruined my coffee this morning, too, because I didn’t catch it. The CostCo-branded Guatemalan beans weren’t that great to start with. :(
I’m thinking I may have to complain to the city, and the condo HOA. Not sure if it’ll do any good. But the water had definitely been fine for 3-4 months before this, since I’ve had the pitcher at least that long, and never had any problem. The water tasted great. But this is disgusting.
14 Notes/ Hide
- purpleboots answered: mine smelled like dirt for a solid week a few months ago
- cattyfantastic answered: Yes! turns out there was a increase of a certain fresh water muscle in the pipes so they added more chlorine to kill them. Yummy!
- cattyfantastic likes this
- summer-sumz answered: You water utility’s chlorination dose can definitely change seasonally. I recommend you call your water utility and ask what’s up.
- do-over likes this
- sonnyjohl likes this
- rsmallbone likes this
- rsmallbone said: Water treatment plants will adjust the levels of chlorine depending on what contaminants are present. Must have been extra raw sewage-y lately.
- prettygirlwithahandgrenade answered: the city… but good luck x_x
- tymethiefslongerthoughts likes this
- steelopus likes this
- monkeyfrog said: Call the city. Sometimes they find a contaminate or worry about a possible contaminant and they blast the system with chlorine. Call and ask what’s going on.
- mathcat345 likes this
- redcloud posted this