I was told off today for this thing I do …
Whenever I see those “cute” or so called “empathic” posts, images or other such dribble cut-and-pasted in social media - I always respond with a dose of reality via a post about doing some real caring and donating to charity (or a snopes link if it’s a something that is easily debunked) or some such response … admittedly, my text can often be seen as narky, but its not meant to be an attack of the individual - it’s about an attack of the laziness of society that such a post engenders. Too many people today feel that its ok to just rehash some message on facebook, twitter or some other social media platform like it actually makes a difference … rather than actually doing something that actively makes a difference.
What I’m trying to say is that I have grown so cynical and despondent about the actions of those on social media that even post of good intention posts have received my insta-response to them.
I blame people.
Instead of posting this, why don’t you go help somebody.
35 Notes/ Hide
- nicky36 likes this
- donthenerd likes this
- do-over said: Yeah, but you’re a jerk and nobody listens to you anyway …. :p
- redjeep said: amen Brother T…
- redjeep likes this
- penbleth likes this
- christa-dammit likes this
- coyotesqrl likes this
- isay said: Send them to the hunger site.
- isay likes this
- kristynibbles likes this
- aloudbirdy likes this
- tymethiefslongerthoughts likes this
- davesnothere likes this
- sonnyjohl likes this
- claviusrobinsky said: It’s always people.
- claviusrobinsky likes this
- felicitous-tranquility likes this
- indefensible said: Conspicuous compassion is the scourge of our age.
- monkeyfrog likes this
- dextercolt said: I often cite Snopes. I also get unfollowed a lot. People don’t like to be shown that they’re wrong.
- mathcat345 likes this
- xntrek reblogged this from redcloud and added:
- elizabite likes this
- jewlesthemagnificent likes this
- cattyfantastic likes this
- iamjustcara likes this
- citizenkerry likes this
- awordoraline likes this
- redcloud reblogged this from xntrek and added:
- beefranck likes this
- puffypie likes this