This being human is a guest house. Every morning is a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor… Welcome and entertain them all. Treat each guest honorably. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing, and invite them in. Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.
For his day job, 37-year-old mechanical engineer Adrian Drake designs combustion science experiments for the International Space Station. In his off time, Drake (also known in the Lego community as brickfrenzy) loves to build large-scale custom Lego masterpieces.
His latest effort resulted in the creation of a 70,000-piece replica of the Serenity spaceship from the 2002 cult classic sci-fi TV show “Firefly” (and subsequent 2005 film “Serenity”).
The larger-than-life Serenity ship took Drake roughly 475 hours over 21 months to assemble. Don’t expect to pick up this creation and fly it around easily, though, as the behemoth Lego Serenity ship weighs 135 pounds measures an astounding length of 7 feet, 2 inches.
- Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can... How do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
- Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me explain to you this once: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
- Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
- Mal: I had a good day.
- Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals, and savages; half the people on this ship have been shot or wounded, including yourself; and you're harboring known fugitives.
- Mal: Well, we're still flying.
- Simon: That's not much.
- Mal: It's enough.
Please reblog this if you know someone who has been eaten by Reavers and is now the hood ornament of a Reaver ship. About 85% of people will not reblog this because they have no idea what a Reaver is; about 10% will start speaking Chinese, or say something profound like, “I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you”, and about 5% will start singing “The Hero of Canton”.
A few will just whisper, “Miranda”. Best to leave those ones alone, and quickly.