"phoning jack with porn"
Stevie is the best. THE. BEST.
No one told me tonight would be Phone Jack Porn Meme Night on Tumblr.
Hello. My name is Jack, and absolutely nobody has phoned me with porn tonight. I feel so left out. :(
Favorite Part, 9/03/2011
Talking with my son about his Halloween costume being the TARDIS.
Favorite Parts, 6/29/2011
- I got a sweet email from a sweet friend
- I got another sweet email from another sweet friend
- I played with Barkley, aka Chewbarka the Yorkiee. He lost a puppy tooth while we were playing. Again.
- I talked to my doctor about my concern about sleep apnea, and he referred me for a sleep study. If anybody is ready to study sleep, it’s me. Bring it on!
- Tackled some stuff I had been avoiding, by doing just 5 minutes at a time. Didn’t finish, but I made good progress.
Good things. Little things. Sometimes, that’s all that matters. Had a good day.
Favorite Parts, 6/22/2011
- I feel like myself again for the second day in a row. Hurray for meds that work! I can think again!
- I got to play with Barkley. He’s such a sweet little dog. He just takes everything in stride and bounces right back. Accidentally flip over and land on his back while trying to grab something you’re using to play keep-away with him? No problem. Completely unfazed. Gets right back up on his feet. Sweep him up off the ground, flip him over, and rock him like a baby in your arms? He just stares at you like, “Whatever, human.” Ten seconds later he’s twisted his way out of this humiliation and is right back on the floor, ready to play some more. Sweet, sweet little dog.
- Laughed hard at the barking cat, and at this rude monkey.
- Discovered it would be really easy to take an old, simple design of mine and turn it into a real thing via online 3D printing.
Tumblr Support, on a quick break from a busy day. These folks are great coworkers, and incidentally, some of my favorite human beings.
Favorite Parts, 6/9/2011
- Putting words in Impact font face over pictures of animals. I am easily amused. It’s a good way to be.
- My boy saying he wanted to “spend a day away from his friends.” A.k.a. spend all day with daddy. We played a lot of Lego Universe.
- Saw my counselor. Decided to finally get off my ass and look into what it’s going to take to get the divorce filed and through the courts. It’ll take a few months, but I’m looking forward to closure.
- Hearing from a dear friend, who understands all too well what I’m going through. It’s bittersweet, but comforting nonetheless.
- Potstickers. Just frozen ones, but I cooked them up in my wok. They were delicious.
Favorite Parts, 6/6/2011
- Reading about the D-Day veteran who played bagpipes on the beach unarmed during the invasion. Balls. Of. Steel.
- Getting a new prescription for Adderall XR. Now I just need to find a pharmacy that has the generic in-stock. That’s tomorrow’s boondoggle.
- Another day in the life with my kiddo. I find that I appreciate him more when his friends come over, and I realize just how smart he is. (Whoever said “There are no stupid questions”, *please* come spend some time with a couple of 7-year-olds that I know.) Though I don’t have much energy for getting anything else done right now, at the end of the day, I’m grateful for the time we’ve spent together so far this summer. He got pretty busy with friends and school the last few months, and it’s nice to just hang out together.
- This one was really late last night, but it crossed over midnight, so I’ll count it for today: Watching an episode of the new Doctor Who for the first time. And by “new” I mean that the last Doctor I saw was number 8. So I downloaded “The Doctor’s Wife.” Sometimes I forget just how much ass Neil Gaiman kicks as a writer. The answer: All. He kicks all of the ass. Also, I may be hooked now.
- Quality time with the puppy, Barkley, who I am now calling, variously: Barkles, Sparkles, and Sparkley. Laughing hard watching him run around the room while two 7-year-old boys make barking sounds while he tried to figure out where the other dogs were. It appears that he is a dog who, when he gets confused, instinctively tries to outrun his confusion. Hilarity ensues. Have you ever seen a Yorkie try to run on a hardwood floor without any traction?